Welcome to the homepage for The ISM-SPP Olympian School of Astrophysics 2016!
The School focuses on the physics and chemistry of the galactic and extragalactic interstellar medium including star formation, and on astrochemistry from photoionized to photodissociation and molecular regions. The scope of the school is to gather young researchers particularly PhD students and early career scientists to discuss about theoretical and numerical aspects of the general field of the interstellar medium, in a pleasant area located next to the sea and at the foot of world's famous Mt. Olympus. The School will include:
- three major review talks with the most up-to-date and state-of-the-art research
- 18 lectures covering the topics shown below
- hands-on day to work on basic hydrodynamical simulations and observational data
- poster sessions appropriate for students to show their work
- Physics and Dynamics of the Interstellar Medium (galactic, extragalactic)
- Astrochemistry (photoionization, photodissociation, molecular regions)
- Hydrodynamics (instabilities, turbulence, magnetic fields)
- Star formation (from low-mass to high-mass stars, triggered and non-triggered)
- Hydrodynamical simulations and the comparison with observations
The School is kindly sponsored by ISM-SPP (DFG Priority Program 1573).
Click here to visit the homepage of the Olympian Centre for Astrophysics.
Public Lecture (in Greek language) - Sunday 2 October 2016
Contact: Olympian Centre for Astrophysics (firstname.lastname@example.org)